Settlements & Verdicts
The lawyers of Davis & Brusca have been representing the victims of serious personal injuries, including nursing home abuse, for over 20 years. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients and their families, and their efforts were instrumental in securing the largest verdict to date in New Jersey history for a nursing home abuse & neglect case*. Put our experience and dedication to work for you.
Some of our attorneys’ verdicts and settlements include the following:
(Please note, each case is unique and past results are not a guarantee of future outcomes)
- $ 13.2 Million Verdict* – Nursing Home Neglect leads to pressure wounds (a/k/a “bed sores”), malnutrition and untimely death
- Multi-Million Dollar Settlement – Medical Malpractice resulting in facial deformity to a child. Specifics confidential.
- $ 3.5 Million Settlement – Trucking Accident. Pedestrian struck by mirror of passing truck suffered spinal injuries, shoulder injury with surgery & mild traumatic brain injury
- $ 2.2 Million settlement – Trucking Accident. Intersection collision. Spinal injury with fusion surgery. Shoulder surgery. Facial laceration with resultant scarring.
- $ 2.1 Million settlement – Product Defect. Unsafe machine guard. Partial amputation of the hand.
- $ 1.8 Million settlement – slip & fall on untreated ice causing arm, hand & knee injuries. Multiple surgeries. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (“RSD”)
- $ 7-Figure Settlement – Drowning. Details Confidential.
- $ 950,000.00 Settlement – Hunting Accident results in partial blindness
- $ 850,000.00 Settlement – Auto Accident. Permanent Spine Damage. Surgery
- $ 800,000.00 Verdict – Auto Accident. Intersection Collision. Permanent spine damage. Facial Scarring to child riding as passenger. Emotional Distress.
- $ 750,000.00 Settlement – Auto Accident. Herniated Lumbar Disc. Future surgery recommended
- $ 750,000 settlement – Bicycle vs. Car accident. Multiple fractures. Surgery to fuse one joint of the thumb. Knee injury with aggravation of pre-existing conditions leads to recommendation for future knee replacement.
- $ 750,000 settlement – Nursing home neglect. Wrongful death
- $ 700,000.00 Verdict – Auto Accident. Herniated Cervical Disc. Future surgery recommended
- $ 600,000.00 settlement – Tractor Trailer Accident. Aggravation of pre-existing spinal degeneration with surgery. Cervical Fusion (settlement exceeded insurance policy limits)
- $ 515,000.00 settlement – Auto Accident. Herniated Disc with surgery
- $ 500,000.00 settlement – Dog Bite. Facial injuries to child
The above list is a short sample and is offered for illustrative purposes only. Every case is unique. Past results cannot be viewed as a prediction or guarantee of the outcome in future cases.
*Dwyer v. Harbor View Health Care Center, HUD-L-4819-11. Partner, Michael Brusca, Esq. was lead counsel for the plaintiff. The verdict was the subject of post-trial motions and was later settled on appeal for a different amount.
For more information or to discuss the details of your case, contact Davis & Brusca at 609-786-2540 or contact us online.