Personal Injury Attorney Trenton, NJ
At Davis & Brusca, LLC, the personal injury lawyers New Jersey trusts, we are committed to securing justice for people harmed by the negligent and reckless actions of others. We have decades of experience and know how elder abuse and serious personal injuries impact the lives of victims and their families. We are fiercely loyal to our clients. We are tenacious. We are dedicated. And we are deeply committed to achieving justice and restoring balance to our client’s lives.
We concentrate our practice on the following areas of law:
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) more than 500,000 seniors suffer from abuse or neglect every year. It is tragic. But it happens every day in nursing homes across the country.
Families place a high degree of trust in the caregivers of our elderly loved ones. Our seniors don’t go into nursing homes and assisted living because they want to; they go because of a medical need to be there. They have the right to a safe & decent living environment.
Unfortunately, many nursing homes are owned & operated by large corporations which sometimes place “profits over people”; focusing more on their bottom line, than delivering quality care. This kind of failure is not an “accident”. It does not reflect an “innocent mistake.” Corporations which prioritize profit over quality care frequently under-staff their facilities. They simply don’t hire enough people to care for the residents. And, all too often, those they do hire are poorly paid and inadequately trained. These companies know under-staffing will result in injuries and even death, as many studies show a direct connection between staffing levels and quality of care. In fact, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency that develops regulations for nursing homes, specifically looks at staffing levels for this reason.
Signs of under-staffing can be spotted by family members when they visit & speak to their loved ones. Look for things like:
- No one comes when the call bell is pushed;
- An aide responds to the call bell, turns it off, says they’ll return doesn’t;
- Staff tell them, “We’re short-staffed today”;
- They find a tray of cold food in their parent’s room;
- Mom or dad still isn’t dressed at noon;
- Their loved one is left in dirty undergarments;
- No one at the nurse’s station
- When they need help, they have to constantly go looking for someone
Under-staffing can have lethal consequences. When there are not enough staff, the residents can’t be properly supervised or cared for. Over-stressed workers have poor morale and don’t work well. This leads to horrific and often fatal injuries, including:
- Bed sores – also called pressure wounds or pressure injuries
- Falls leading to smashed bones and brain bleeds
- Physical and sexual abuse
- Undiagnosed infections
Few things in life are more devastating and disruptive than a serious personal injury. People who have suffered such an injury due to the careless, negligent, or reckless conduct of another person may file a personal injury lawsuit seeking damages to restore balance for the physical and emotional harms and losses they have sustained. At Davis & Brusca, LLC, the personal injury lawyers New Jersey seeks help from, we concentrate our practice on Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse and the following types of personal injury claims:
- Serious Personal Injury: Serious injuries, regardless of the specific cause, are tremendously disruptive to the lives of the injured person and their family. Financial and emotional stress, chronic pain, and disability can tear families apart and destroy lives. Trust Davis & Brusca to help you navigate the path forward after a serious injury.
- Brain Injury: A traumatic brain injury can devastate a person’s life. These injuries change personalities. Destroy the ability to work. Destroy connections to loved ones. And can leave victims feeling hopeless. Brain injuries can be difficult to diagnose and can arise from a variety of circumstances. We have extensive experience with brain injuries and can help restore balance to the lives of those who have sustained this devastating injury.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are one of the most vulnerable road users. Like pedestrians, their bodies are exposed. As such, even a slow-speed collision with an automobile or other motorist can produce catastrophic consequences. At Davis & Brusca, we have lawyers who are cyclists. We understand your needs and your situation. We can help.
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are the most common source of serious injury in modern life. Given the frequency with which we use and encounter cars, it is easy to forget just how dangerous they can be if not used with great care. If you have been in a car accident, we can help prove the cause of your accident and bring the responsible parties to justice. We have extensive experience analyzing accident scenes, cell phone records and questioning witnesses to determine what went wrong and help you prove it in court.
- Construction Site Accidents: Construction workers are at great risk when the company running the job site fails or refuses to follow safety rules. Failure to cover floor openings, failure to properly install and maintain railings or provide fall protection, or to follow other similar safety protocols can be deadly or cause life-changing injury. If you or a loved one has been injured on a construction site, the experienced injury lawyers at Davis & Brusca, LLC can help.
- Medical, Legal & Professional Malpractice: If you have hired a doctor, lawyer or professional, you know that the matters entrusted to them are serious. People depend on professionals to help them with difficult matters which they cannot handle themselves. There is deep trust in the relationships. When that trust is abused, the resulting harm can be devastating. At Davis & Brusca, we understand this and have the knowledge and experience to help you with these challenging but important claims. Call us. We can help.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to severe injury in the event of an accident. We have a successful track record of litigating wrongful death and severe injury claims, and understand the special circumstances motorcyclists face on the roadways.
- Pedestrian Accidents: New Jersey is one of the most dangerous states in the country for pedestrians. You need an advocate with extensive experience to secure a just result. We can help you recover the compensation you need to get your life back on the right track.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips and falls often have devastating effects on the lives of the injured person. Property owners have a legal duty to keep their property reasonably safe. When they don’t, count on us to answer your questions and assist you with your legal claim.
- Train Accidents: Accidents involving trains can cause catastrophic injuries and damages. If you have suffered an injury or other financial harm due to a train accident, the lawyers at Davis & Brusca can help you determine if you are entitled to compensation.
- Truck & Bus Accidents: Negligence in the operation of tractor trailers and buses can cause severe injuries. These massive vehicles cause unparalleled devastation when driven carelessly. Unfortunately, the risk of wrecks is increased by careless corporate actions which place profits over people. Poor training and driver selection practices, failure to follow safety rules and regulations and similar unsafe practices cause horrific accidents and injuries with lifelong effects.